As a coalition, we value the wellbeing of our families and children, and know that parks, areas for recreation and open spaces are crucial to the health of our community. We know that our community often struggles to make ends meet. We need to assure that development benefits the local economy and local people, including deeply affordable housing and support for local businesses.
What we want
- Affordable housing
- Parks and open space
- A Community Center
- Small and local businesses
- Increased educational opportunities
What we don't want
- Luxury apartments
- Private stadiums
- Minimal investment in parks
- A gang injunction active in our community
- Development that will worsen the parking issue or that does not allot sufficient parking
- Development that will be physically inaccessible to the community due to walls or fences
- Large business (e.g. corporations) or chain businesses like Costco or Walmart
- Any type of development that will deepen inequality, displace current residents and local businesses, and that does not invest in the existing community.