Rise Up Willowick Coalition Publishes Report Highlighting Resident Needs for Future of 102 Acre Willowick Site
With around half a million residents collectively, the Cities of Santa Ana and Garden Grove are throwing away one of the last remaining large scale opportunities to meet their residents’ needs.
Community Residents launch ‘Rise Up Willowick Coalition’ by releasing demands and vision for development of Willowick Golf Course
Grassroots group has organized for community-led investment and sustainable development of 102-acres of public land slated to be developed by cities of Garden Grove and Santa Ana.
About Rise Up Willowick!
The Rise Up! Willowick Coalition is a coalition of residents and organizations that are concerned about the planned development of 102 acres of publicly owned open space (currently Willowick Golf Course) in Santa Ana.
Our coalition formed in April 2019 to create a collective vision and strategy to assure that Willowick becomes a community asset that helps address the needs of our current residents.
- Barajas-Tena: The Intersection Between Covid-19, Racism and Willowick
- Zuniga: How COVID-19 Confirms the Need for Housing Security in Orange County
- Garden Grove Officials, Local Activists Prepare for Big Decisions on Willowick Tomorrow
- Willowick neighbors say Garden Grove is trying to skirt new law by pushing plan this year
- Willowick Golf Course Sale Put on Hold